Cost-efficient wrap-around labellingThe Canmatic attaches pre-cut paper or film wrap-around labels to cans, bottles and jars of widely differing sizes and shapes. The principle the machine works on is simple and effective - labels are attached directly to the containers without the need for gluing pallets. The amount of hotmelt the Canmatic uses to do this is very small as the label is held in place by just two narrow lines of dispensed glue. This cost-effective method of labelling gives to perfectly labelled containers.
High labelling precision
The containers are held exactly in place between centring bell and centring plate.
No elaborate control system for the gluing is required because this is a process of sustained forcing.
Low glue consumption
For labelling, only two narrow strips of hotmelt are required, one at the beginning and the other at the end of the label.
The different Canmatic versions cover all requirements for precision labelling in the range from low to maximum output.
The Canmatic is easy to access and operate.
Only short conversion times needed when changing containers and labels.
Flexibility for the future
The Canmatic can still be retrofitted or modified, even after many years of service.
Figures, data, facts - Method of operationOpenClose
Method of operationThe Canmatic has two independently operating hotmelt gluing units. To begin with, the first labelling station applies a vertical line of glue to the container. The container is revolving as it passes the label magazine. The glue on the container takes up a label from the label magazine. At the same time, the second labelling station is applying glue to the trailing label edge. The label is now wrapped once around the container and glued together at the overlap.
Leading and trailing-edge gluing with hotmeltThe standard method of gluing in the Canmatic system has been designed for low glue consumption as only a narrow line of glue is dispensed for the leading and trailing edges. A large glue bowl ensures that sufficient glue is always available.
The Canmatic system has two hotmelt gluing units.
Leading and trailing-edge gluing with hotmelt for reduced glue consumption
Figures, data, facts - Output rangeOpenClose
Labelling glass, plastic and metal containers with wrap-around labels
Depending on the label length, the machine can label 2,500 to 80,000 containers per hour with one labelling station.
- Electronic closure inspection and gap sensing at the machine infeed
- Single-hand fasteners for quick changing of centring bells and container plates
- Two independently operating hotmelt gluing units
- Infinitely variable adjustment of the glue temperature, with protection device for overtemperature/ undertemperature
- Fine adjustment of the glue film thickness by rotary knob and scale ring
- Heated glue rollers
- Labelling station easily accessible from all sides
- Central lubrication points
- Block arrangement with blow moulder, filler and capper possible
Hotmelt gluing unit 1 and label magazine
Hotmelt gluing unit 2
The labelling station works quickly and with precision. Each of the two hotmelt gluing units is equipped with two temperature controllers, each with digital indication of glue-container and glue-roller temperature. The temperature for the glue can be set here using these temperature controllers. It is only once the operating temperature has been reached that the gluing units can be switched on. The machine automatically cuts out the heating if the temperature is either too high or too low. The glue film thickness can be regulated exactly using the scaled micrometer adjustment screw. In the event of a machine stop or malfunction, the gluing unit in question is switched off to prevent and hotmelt from entering the machine. The gluing unit is automatically set to the working position when the machine is started up again. The label magazine holds 9,000 labels and can be adjusted in both the vertical and the horizontal. A rubber-cushioned base plate with vibrator working in alternation with a label pusher ensures a smooth supply of labels with constant pressure even at maximum running speed.
Container table for round containers
- Drive for container plates by toothed belts
- Different centring plates with integrated sprockets are used when the container diameter changes.
Drive for the containers by gearwheels and toothed belts
Mechanically controlled container table for specially-shaped containers
- Container table with turnstiles and cam segments
- When the container diameter is different, the cam segment needed for the turn is changed.
Servo-controlled container table for special decorations
- Each container plate is driven by a computer-controlled servomotor
- Container orientation, for example based on the can seam or jar seal, is possible using a camera or sensors
Operation and change-overOpenClose
Change-overAll gluing units and the label magazine can be pivoted around the bottle table and can thereby be adjusted to any container type by the indexed stops. If a different container or labelling height is required, the silicone glue roller and associated glue scraper can be easily replaced by hand without needing any tools. The label magazine is set to the exact height for gluing by a quickadjustment unit with indexed stops. In the event of using a different label format, the entire label magazine is simply replaced. The Raptec guidance handling parts at the starwheels are colour-coded and their exchange is quick and straightforward. The height of the machine head is adjusted by electrical means and automatically locked in position. Centring bells and container plates are equipped with single-hand fasteners making the exchange of these quick and straightforward.
- Central terminal with keyboard designed for a good overview, operating hours meter, optical malfunction indicator and tachometer
- Optional colour touch-screen with menu-guided operation and display of current production data
The Canmatic can be set up in different ways. Adjustment to an optimum for the particular spatial conditions is thus possible. Besides a linear arrangement, both parallel and angular arrangements are also possible.
Multifunctional clamping starwheel
- Application as infeed, discharge and distribution starwheel
- No curved guides required
- Starwheels are used for several types of containers not differing in diameter by more than 20 mm
- Use as the rejection system downstream of the label inspection unit is possible
Labelling station for self-adhesive labels
- An Autocol label applicator for self-adhesive labels can be installed in the Canmatic system
- Precise positioning of additional labels, e. g. tamper-evident seals, lid labels, campaign stickers
More additional equipment
- Container orientation by spotting bars on the base at the container table
- Handle orientation on the container table
- Camera-assisted container orientation
- Pressure-reduction unit at the machine infeed
- Timer for pre-heating the hotmelt gluing units
- Central lubrication
- Ink-jet or laser code/dating device for printing the label front
- Cold-glue labelling station
- Additional container and label handling parts
- Handling parts trolley arranged for a good overview
- Cabinet for storage of machine accessories
Clamping starwheels at infeed and discharge
System expansions - KRONES CheckmatOpenClose
- Checks for presence of labels and their correctness
- Checks the position and angle of the label
- Checks printed-on data, like e. g. best before date and product code, for presence and correctness
- Recognises bar codes
- Checks the fill level and the container seal
- Discharges faulty containers using the retaining starwheel, clamping starwheel, or pusher
System expansions - KRONES GarantomatOpenClose
Krones Garantomat for attaching a shrink sleeve as the tamper-evident seal
- Auxiliary unit above the Canmatic infeed or discharge
- Attaches a shrink sleeve as the tamper-evident seal
- Unwinds the sleeving and cuts this to length for the individual shrink sleeves in the unit