Synonymous with holistic systems engineering: Krones
For machines, lines and complete factories – Krones, the one-stop shop
The Krones Group, headquartered in Neutraubling, Germany, plans, develops and manufactures machines and complete lines for the fields of process, filling and packaging technology. Its product portfolio is rounded off by information technology, factory planning and products from Krones’ subsidiaries as intralogistics, valve production etc.
Every day, millions of bottles, cans, and special-shaped containers are handled on lines from Krones, particularly in breweries, the soft-drinks sector and at producers of still or sparkling wines and spirits, but also in the food and luxury-goods industries, plus the chemical, cosmetics and pharmaceutical sectors.
Since being founded in 1951, Krones has become far more than a traditional-style machinery and line manufacturer: it has evolved into an all-round vendor for its clients. Mechanical engineering, line expertise, process engineering, microbiology and information technology have here been harmoniously integrated for optimum synergies. Nowadays, Krones is synonymous with holistic systems engineering.
Krones’ success is based on some few but crucial strategies: specialised knowledge of mechanical engineering and the customer sectors involved, a technical lead over its competitors driven by continuingly high expenditure on research and development, production facilities featuring state-of-the-art equipment operating to the most stringent of quality standards, backed up by worldwide 24/7 service support, and most especially by the skills of its highly motivated staff. More than 5,000 full and utility patents bear witness to the company’s innovative potential.
Worldwide, Krones employs 14,443 people. Approximately 90 per cent of its products are sold abroad. Consolidated sales in 2015 totalled 3,391 billion euros. The group includes not only Krones AG (M-DAX), but also more than 80 sales and service companies.
Krones’ product portfolio covers the following fields:
- Stretch blow-moulding technology
- Filling and closing technology
- Aseptic filling
- Labelling, direct-printing and dressing technology
- Inspection and monitoring technology
- Cleaning technology, rinsers and pasteurisers
- Packing and palletising technology
- Conveyor technology
- Systems engineering
- Process technology
- Brewing technology (Steinecker)
- Information technology
- PET recycling plants
- Factory planning
These are supplemented by products from Krones’ subsidiaries:
- Kosme (machines and lines for the low output range)
- Gernep (labellers for the low output range)
- Evoguard (valve and pump production)
- Syskron (digitisation, intralogistics, business consulting)
- System Logistics (logistical order-picking systems)
- HST (homogenisers)
- Milkron (process technology for the beverage and dairy industries)
- Trans-Market, LLC. (process technology for the food and beverage industries (liquid food))
- KIC KRONES (consumables)
- Till (direct printing)
- Ecomac (pre-owned machines)
- Konplan (engineering)
- Maintec (service)
In this section