The protection of personal data is a matter of special concern to Krones AG ("Krones"). Therefore, Krones conducts its business in compliance with the applicable laws on privacy, data protection and data security. The policy outlined below will help you understand what information Krones may collect, how Krones uses and safeguards that information and with whom Krones may share it.
1. Personal information
Through the Krones Websites, Krones will not collect any personal information (e.g. name, address, telephone number or e-mail address) unless you voluntarily choose to provide it to us (e.g. by filling out contact forms, registration, survey) or if the applicable laws on the protection of your data allow such action.
When you do provide Krones with personal information, Krones usually uses it to respond to your inquiry, process your order or provide you access to specific information or offers. In order to better assist customer relationships, it may be necessary
- that Krones saves and processes your personal information and shares it with the worldwide Krones subsidiaries to better understand your business needs or to improve Krones products and services; or
- that Krones (or a third party on behalf of Krones) uses this personal information to contact you regarding future Krones offers, so as to support your business needs, or to conduct online surveys to better understand Krones customers' business and requirements.
If you choose not to have your personal information used to support Krones´ customer relationship research (particularly direct-marketing or market-research), Krones will respect your decision. Krones will not sell or otherwise market your personal information to third parties, except to companies belonging to the Krones group.
3. Use for a specific purpose
Krones will only collect, process and use the personal data supplied by you online for the purposes notified to you, unless collection, processing and use
- are for another purpose which is directly connected to the original purpose for which the personal data were collected;
- are required in order to process, negotiate and execute a contract with you;
- are necessary on account of a legal obligation or an official or judicial order;
- are necessary in order to justify or protect legal claims or ward off law suits;
- are used to prevent misuse or other unlawful activities, e.g. intentional attacks on the Krones systems, with the aim of ensuring data security.
4. Communication- and utilisation-related information
If you access the Krones Websites via telecommunication services, communication-related information (e.g. internet protocol address) or utilisation-related information (e.g. information on the start and duration of utilisation as well as the telecommunications services used by you) will automatically be generated through technical means. This information may allow inferences to personal data. If collection, processing and use of your communication- or utilisation-related information are absolutely necessary, they will be subject to legal regulations on data privacy.
5. Non-personal information collected automatically
When you access the Krones Websites, information that is not personally-identifiable (e.g. type of internet browser and computer operating system used; domain name of the website from which you came; number of visits, average time spent, pages viewed) may be collected automatically (i.e. not by registration). Krones and its worldwide subsidiaries use this information to measure the attractiveness of the Krones Websites and improve their performance and content.
6. "Cookies" – information placed automatically on your computer
When you view one of the Krones Websites, Krones may store some information on your computer in the form of a "cookie" to automatically recognize you the next time you visit. Cookies can help Krones, for example, by allowing to tailor a website to better match your interests or to save your password so that you do not have to re-enter it each time. If you choose not to be recognized, please refer to your internet browser to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
Krones will not knowingly collect personal data from children without insisting that they seek prior parental consent if required by applicable law. Krones will only use or disclose personal data about a child to the extent permitted by law, to seek parental consent pursuant to local law and regulations or to protect a child.
Krones will take technical and organisational security measures in order to protect your personal data against unintentional or illegal deletion, against changes or loss, and against unauthorised transmission or access.
9. Links to other websites
The Krones Website contains links to third party websites. Krones is not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of these websites.
10. Web analysis
In order to constantly improve and optimise our offer, we use so-called tracking technologies. To this end, we use the Google Analytics and Webtrekk services.
Any collection and saving of data by Webtrekk can be objected at any time with future effect. Please access the following link to this end. Please exclude me from being tracked by Webtrekk! Once you have acknowledged this link, a so-called opt-out-cookie is set on your data carrier. The validity period of this cookie is 5 years. Please make sure when deleting all cookies on your computer to delete this opt-out-cookie as well, i.e. if you still want to object anonymised data collection by Webtrekk, you must set the opt-out-cookie again. The opt-out-cookie is set for each browser and computer. If you visit our websites from at home and from your office or with different browsers, you must enable the opt-out-cookie on each of the different browsers or computers.
10.2 Google Analytics
Through the use of this website, you express your consent to the processing of data collected by Google about you in the manner described above and for the purposes previously mentioned.
You may prevent the installation of cookies by making appropriate settings in your browser software; however, should you do so, you will not be able to use all of the functions of this website. Furthermore, you can prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of these websites (including your IP address) as well as the processing of these data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in provided at the following link.
Further information on Google Analytics and data protection is provided at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
11. Google reCAPTCHA
We use the Google reCAPTCHA service, which protects our website from spam and abuse. reCAPTCHA prevents automated software (known as bots) from engaging in abusive activities on the website. It does so by checking whether the inputs being made are actually being made by a human. To enable this process, the following details are collected and processed:
- Referrer (the address of the page on which the captcha is used)
- IP address of the user
- Google account (if the user is registered with Google, this is detected and assigned)
- The input behaviour of the user (e.g. answering the reCAPTCHA question, the speed of entry in the form fields, the order in which the input fields are selected by the user) is analysed in order to improve pattern detection at Google. Browser, browser size and resolution, browser plug-ins, date, language setting
- Mouse and touch-pad events within the page
Google also reads the cookies of other Google services such as Gmail, Search and Analytics. All the above details are sent to Google in encrypted form. Google’s subsequent analyses determines the form in which the captcha is displayed on the page - either in a checkbox or as a text input. Personal details from the input fields of the relevant form are not exported or stored.
Further information on Goodle’s data protection policy can be found at www.google.com/policies/privacy/.
12. Questions and comments