At the BrauBeviale 2019, Krones is presenting a compact-size glass filler for beer and CSDs. Modelled on the technical features of the field-proven Modulfill series, the Craftmate G scores highly not least in terms of its minimised footprint.
The Craftmate G is the latest addition to Krones’ family of fillers: its non-identical twin is the Craftmate C, the small can filler that’s proved highly successful on the market since 2015. The Craftmate G, by contrast, as the abbreviation “G” already suggests, handles glass bottles. In technological terms, it resembles its big siblings in the Modulfill series: for instance, like the field-proven HRS system, it features a vent tube, and it can be combined with up to two closers for crowns, screw-caps or aluminium roll-on closures. This provides brewers with the flexibility they need to handle not only beer, but CSDs as well. The complete system of filler and one or more closers is available in both directions of rotation, so there are no limits imposed on integration into existing lines.
As much as necessary, as little as possible
In order nonetheless to keep the Craftmate G as compact as possible, it differs in some respects from the machines of the Modulfill family:
- The filler’s front table is self-draining. The roof construction of this table enables residual liquids to be purposefully drained into a channel system affixed to the low points of the tabletop..
- The machine’s guard is installed directly at the table.
- Control cabinet, valve node and vacuum pump are groped together in a single module, permanently attached to the machine.
- Though necessary gush-type jetting systems are integrated, exterior cleaning of the machine is performed manually.
- There is an option for the client to provide certain components of the Modulfill, such as the freestanding bottle shower and the modularised vacuum pump cooling system.
When it comes to output, the new Craftmate G with its two pitch circle diameters of 1,440 and 1,800 millimetres, covers ratings of up to 24,000 containers per hour, rendering it ideally suited for small and mid-tier breweries, which due to their production environment wish to opt for a compactly dimensioned and above all top-quality filler solution from Krones.